Edgecombe Community College offers academic support for students enrolled in curriculum and College and Career Readiness courses whether in-person or online. Both the Tarboro and Rocky Mount campuses offer tutoring services provided by professional English and math tutors. Tutors are also available to assist students taking courses in other subject areas as needed. ECC’s tutoring services provide academic assistance to students who need periodic or continuous help in addition to in-person and online instruction. There is no fee for this service. However, tutoring services provided in our Academic Success Centers must be scheduled. All tutoring services, whether in the on campus Academic Success Centers or online, are accessed through ECC’s ThinkingStorm platform.
ThinkingStorm is a free web-based platform that allows ECC students to
- Communicate with a tutor live
- Schedule an appointment for future tutoring in the Academic Success Centers or on-line
- Submit their writing to the Online Writing Lab
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor
- Access academic resources
Proctored test taking is also available to ECC students as a part of Tutoring Services. All test proctoring must be scheduled at least three days in advance. To schedule a test, visit Schedule My Test.
Academic Success Center Locations
- Tarboro Campus Tutoring Center: Room 5, Library Building
- Rocky Mount Campus Tutoring Center: Room 148, Barnes Building
- Appointments are required
- Tutoring Services are generally available during the academic semester: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Fridays, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Call Tarboro: (252) 618-6590 or Rocky Mount: (252) 618-6677
Academic Success Center Coordinator-Rocky Mount
Office 148, Barnes Building, Rocky Mount Campus