ECC President Appointed to State Advisory Committee
Edgecombe Community College President Dr. Greg McLeod has been appointed to serve on a Strategic Plan Metric Advisory Committee for the State Board of Community Colleges.
He is among five community college presidents statewide named to the advisory group.
The purpose of the committee is to advise the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) on how to measure progress on its 2022-2026 Strategic Plan. The plan is called “Leading Through Change” and centers on five priorities:
- Goal 1: Recruit and retain top talent to enable the North Carolina Community College System to educate and prepare the State’s workforce.
- Goal 2: Increase access and enrollment at North Carolina community colleges to meet the state’s educational attainment goal and expand postsecondary opportunities.
- Goal 3: Provide resources inside and outside the classroom for all students to successfully enroll, persist, and complete a career program of study.
- Goal 4: Provide education, training, and credentials to develop the most competitive workforce in the nation.
- Goal 5: Increase state funding, streamline the allocation formula, and implement practices to improve system effectiveness.
“In addition,” Dr. McLeod explains, “the advisory group’s goals include determining how college and system level metrics can be used to support student success, what a reporting schedule could look like, the best data sources to use, and what metrics should match to each goal.”
He adds, “I am honored to serve on this committee and look forward to working with my colleagues to help the State Board and NCCCS Office determine how to best quantify and support the system’s ambitious strategic plan.”