Making College More Affordable
Edgecombe Community College has joined the national call to increase the number of college-educated adults. Beginning in Fall 2016, the College offered the EDGE Scholarship Program to qualified students for a fully-funded education for up to three years. Based on in-state tuition, the EDGE Scholarship Program provides a financial aid package which covers:
Recipients must be U.S. citizens. In order to receive the scholarship package and to remain supported by the program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Current year high school graduate of either Edgecombe County or Nash County (preference will be given to Edgecombe County residents) with an unweighted grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.8
- Completed at least 6 credit hours through the NC Career and College Promise (CCP) Program, or an approved Continuing Education program with 96 or more contact hours
- Complete the following
- FAFSA verification
- ECC Application for Admission
- ECC Scholarship Application
- Enroll in a degree program that is approved for financial aid
- Complete an Academic Plan for Completion with an academic advisor
- Maintain ECC enrollment in at least 9 credit hours, up to 18 credit hours per semester (maximum of 21 credit hours requires Academic Dean approval)
- Achieve at least 2.6 GPA per semester
- Abide by the ECC Student Code of Conduct with no violations
- Participate in at least 6 hours per week in Student Success activities (examples: meetings with faculty/advisor, student organization functions on campus, library time, Academic Success Center training sessions and seminars)
- Enroll in fall and spring Semesters (continuously), after qualifying for EDGE Scholarship
- Complete a program of study within 2 years
Financial assistance from the EDGE Scholarship Program will be awarded to the first 50 qualifying students. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Complete and submit the online EDGE Scholarship application and all required items. The completed application must be received by the deadline indicated on the application.
*PLEASE NOTE: A Gmail account is required to complete the application.
- Completed online EDGE Scholarship application
- Uploaded copy of ECC Admission Application confirmation page
- Uploaded copy of most recent official high school and/or college transcript
- Uploaded copy of confirmation page from fafsa.gov
Official high school transcripts must be sent to the attention of Samanthia Phillips, VP of Student Services and received (in sealed envelope) prior to award date.
Please mail official high school transcripts directly to:
Samanthia Phillips, Vice President of Student Services
Edgecombe Community College
2009 W. Wilson Street
Tarboro, NC 27886
Dean of Enrollment and Financial Aid
Office 104, McIntyre Building, Tarboro Campus