Thank you for your interest in our childcare grant program for the current academic year. We are currently accepting applications. Please review all of the information provided on this page prior to completing the application. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Childcare Financial Assistance Program at Edgecombe Community College (ECC) was established by funding from the Department of Community Colleges and the Carl Perkins Grant (Childcare). The Program is intended to serve student–parents who need assistance paying for childcare (not after school care) costs in order to attend ECC.
Initial Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for initial entry into the program, applicants must:
- Not be currently receiving childcare funding assistance from any other source (e.g. Department of Social Services or Down East Partnership for Children)
- Be a North Carolina resident (funds cannot pay for childcare provided outside of North Carolina)
- Have at least one child under the age of five who is not yet in school (preschools conducted through a daycare center and paid for by the student-parent are the exception)
- Demonstrate financial need by completing a FAFSA for the current academic year
- Be enrolled at least half time (six semester hour credits) or more for the fall semester
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA or be a first semester ECC student
- Have applied for assistance through their local Department of Social Services (and the Down East Partnership for Children if a resident of Nash or Edgecombe Counties) and be either ineligible for services or currently on the waiting list
Note: Students who have been out of school at ECC for five years or more and have a cumulative GPA below 2.0 will be evaluated on a case by case basis, including a review of transcripts from other colleges attended.
Student-parents must complete a Childcare Grant Application form by August 26 to be considered in the first round of applicants to begin the program September 1. Applications will be reviewed and ranked after August 27. Student-parents will receive a letter through their ECC email notifying them of their application status (approved, wait-list, or denied) and next steps. If accepted into the program, students will set up a time to meet with the Student Support Counselor for the initial intake process.
- Down East Partnership for Children – Serving Edgecombe and Nash Counties
- Martin-Pitt Partnership for Children – Serving Martin and Pitt Counties
- EdExplainer: How to use the Child Care Statistical Report