HIT Program Application
Students must submit a separate HIT Program application by July 1 to be considered for Fall admission or by November 1 to be considered for Spring admission into any of the four certificate programs of study.
Admission Steps for Certificate Applicants
Step I: Application process (Due July 1 for Fall Admission and November 1 for Spring Admission
Submit to the College:
- An online ECC application for admission
- Official high school transcripts or equivalency
- A partial transcript if currently enrolled in high school. A final transcript must be submitted at the time of graduation.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
Submit to the HIT Admissions Counselor and the HIT Program Director:
- A completed HIT Program application
- An employer letter as evidence of current employment as an Inpatient Coder with one year of experience, if applying for the HIT Coding Certificate.
- An employer letter as evidence of current employment as an Outpatient Coder with one year of experience, if applying for the HIT Hospital Ambulatory Coding Certificate
Step II: Final Acceptance
Applicants are fully accepted upon:
- Meeting the Admission GPA required according to the certificate to which application has been made.
- For the HIT Coding Certificate (C45360A): BIO 168 earning a C or better
- For the Protected Health Information Certificate (C45360B): No selected HIT curriculum courses required prior to admission
- For the Ambulatory Billing & Coding Certificate (C45360C): MED 121 earning a C or better
- For the Hospital Ambulatory Coding Certificate (C45360D): No selected HIT curriculum courses required prior to admission
- Maintaining an overall 2.0 GPA on all attempted courses at ECC, if applicable.