Partnership with East Carolina University College of Nursing
Eastern North Carolina Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses (RIBN) provides students with a four-year option in which they complete an associate degree and bachelor’s degree in nursing. RIBN is a partnership between Edgecombe Community College and East Carolina University to provide students with an affordable and accessible option for obtaining a bachelor’s degree. This allows students to begin their career as a nurse while completing their bachelor’s degree.
The Eastern North Carolina RIBN/aRIBN program dually admits students to East Carolina University and one of the local community colleges, including Edgecombe Community College, that partner with the ECU College of Nursing.
Students in the ENC RIBN track
- Spend the first three years at the community college campus along with at least one online course per semester at East Carolina University.
- Receive their associate degree in nursing at the end of their third year.
- After passing the state licensure exam, progress to the fourth year of the program, completing coursework online at ECU in the RN to BSN program.
- Current college students may be eligible to apply for the aRIBN track prior to beginning the ADN program. Students should speak with their nursing advisor about eligibility.
What are the advantages of RIBN for students?
- Completion of BSN degree within four years.
- Less expensive than attending a four-year university-based pre-licensure program.
- Added support with a RIBN student success advocate available to assist program participants.
- Option to work part time as a registered nurse during the fourth year.
Deadline to Apply
ENC RIBN will begin accepting online applications September 1 for the RIBN class that begins the following fall semester. The deadline to apply for fall admission is January 31.
To apply or for more information please visit nursing.ecu.edu/bsn/ribn
Phone: (252) 744-6470