Candidates for admission must be registered or registry-eligible by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in radiography, radiation therapy, nuclear medicine technology, or sonography. Nuclear medicine technology applicants may also be registered or registry eligible by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB). Sonography applicants may also be registered or registry eligible by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
Regardless of the supporting imaging program, applicants that have completed a supporting imaging program must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on all program course work. Students enrolled in a supporting imaging program at the time of application must have a 2.5 GPA on all course work through the fall term of their final year. Program participants must show evidence of supporting program certification to receive their MRI diploma.
Applicants must submit all documents listed in Step I to: Domonique Hall, 225 Tarboro St., Rocky Mount, NC 27801 by March 1.
Step I: Application process
- An online ECC application for admission.
- Completed MRI program application.
- Official high school transcript or equivalency.
- Official transcript from an approved Radiography/Imaging Program that includes the fall semester of your senior year.
- Official transcripts supporting all other college courses.
- Verification of ARRT/Other registration (if applicable).
Step II: Ranking
The MRI program has a points based acceptance process. Applicants will be ranked based on the categories listed on the applicant points explanation sheet. In order to receive points in a category, applicants must send supporting documentation with the other documents required in Step I.
Step III: Conditional Acceptance
- Eligible applicants will receive a letter of conditional acceptance, a medical form, drug screen, background screen, and Healthcare Provider CPR instructions.
- Accept or reject the seat in writing to the MRI Admissions Counselor.
Complete the medical form, background, drug screen, and CPR requirements by the deadlines
Step IV: Clinical Placement & Final Acceptance
Applicants who meet the clinical agency’s employee health standards, background and drug screen requirements will be notified of final acceptance.